Friday, August 23, 2013

On our way out of August

Well here we are 4 days away from the start of Abbas 1st grade year. We met her teacher last night. It went well. She seemed like a nice lady. Plus we noticed Ab had some kids in her class from kindergarten so she was really happy about that. Its funny at this time last year I was a little panicked but excited. Now I feel like an old pro. We walked in said hi to everyone b/c we knew everyone and went right to the 1st grade hall, walked in like a boss lol and got Abba all settled in. I am pretty sure by 4th grade we'll be so familiar we could roam the halls asleep. We are taking a last minute excursion to Great Wolf Lodge with or bffs this weekend. If you are not lucky enough to have one close to you, its a kid friendly, lodge themed hotel with a built in water-park on the inside and some on the outside. They do fun things like story time, and adventure games. There will be 8 of us in one room, so that should be an experience in of itself  :) I am also in the beginning stages of trying to form a mommy/kid group through our church. Just a place that moms can discuss parenting, marriage, God, and the kiddos we have at home can get together and play. I'm feeling in a much better place right now. Pretty content in what God has blessed me with and grateful for the time I've had to enjoy it all. Trying to look on the brighter side and lean on Him when it's dark. I am imperfect in nature but loved anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment